The tradition of directing funerals in the Brickman family started in 1910 with Charles P. Brickman Sr. He opened his own home as a funeral home at 7204 Superior Ave. across from St. Francis Catholic Church in Cleveland. Five of his sons decided to serve families as funeral directors and embalmers with him.
In 1952 they purchased Judge Brewer's home in Euclid. Charles P. Brickman Sr. died in 1953. Eugene, Charles Jr., Paul Sr., Frank and Ralph continued to serve families from both locations until the funeral home on Superior Ave. was closed in 1968.
Paul, Frank and Ralph had six sons follow them into funeral service. Ron, Den, Bill, Joe, John and Phil were proud to have worked side by side as funeral directors and embalmers with their fathers.
From 1952 until 2005 the Brickman’s served family’s from their Euclid facility. In 2006 the Brickman’s opened their new funeral home in Willoughby, offering a newer, single level, larger facility with handicap access. Wanting to honor and serve families as they were taught by their fathers and grandfather and to uphold a tradition of a family owned and operated business, Ron, Den, Bill, Joe, John and Phil are proud to continue that tradition as well as to welcome the fourth generation, Jonathan and Suzanne Brickman as apprentices.